Friday, October 1, 2021

Time flies when you are having fun

 Sometimes it feels like time really flies or goes too slow - but there are the same 24 hours in a day 

I am almost at the tail end of my trip and trying to do as much I can. I still have a lot of things I would like to do with my parents. I look back and think where did the days go.


Time flies by, especially when you are having a lot of fun. But at the same-time everything moves so quickly too, even if you are *not* having fun, a friend mentioned a while back. .

I am wondering what did I did in these last 13 days. This trip is at a totally different time, Covid has changed everything. Also I came with a totally different mindset. The idea was to be with ma papa. Having 3 wonderful sisters helps too. My India trips have always been “stormy” with plans to do this, do that and visit here and shop there. Meet this person and call that one. But this time I had no agenda. I am surprised that I don’t have many pictures of the trip. I survived in 3 sets of clothes and a pair of PJs. I never got around to changing bangles, nail painting or putting on earrings. Have worn a saree only once till now, didn’t eat out, had take out only once and I still feel content.

I did eat lot of seasonal fruits , home cooked snacks, meals, walked the dog with sisters and kids, watched sunsets with them, chit chatted with Amma-papa, listen to some Jagjit Singh and more so learnt some more about dogs, specially the German Shepherd kind. My youngest sister has one and I finally warmed up to him a little.

In less than 48 hours I flyback and here I am sitting in my room trying to check in, fill the forms for CDC requirements and planning for my COVID test. 

Yes time flies when you are busy or not busy. It’s a state of mind. I still have a list of things to do with Amma Papa but I guess that will motivate me to come back soon again.






No comments:

Post a Comment