Tuesday, October 5, 2021

50 yrs and journey of 50 Sarees - 50 साड़ियों और 50 साल का सफ़र

Like everyone else’s bday mine too fell into middle of pandemic, actually two of them one of those was my 50th. It still is a milestone Bday just the different kind of celebration. 

When we were in India in 2019-2020, My sisters asked Mr husband what was his plans for both the 50th Bdays ( his and mine) and 25th anniversary and he joked he didn’t need anything, no party for sure and their sister will be happy with the sarees so there was no need for finding the perfect gift. We all laughed, it was Jan 2020. Who knew what we were getting into. 

 Pandemic stoped and changed everything. All 3 milestones were celebrated as Mr would love-calm, quiet and intimate. I also adopted to new life style and things changed for me too. I didn’t crave for party, was just happy with small celebrations. One thing didn’t change was my love for sarees and yes Saree shopping didn’t stop either.

After a year and 8 months of that conversation I went to India again. I realized my 50th bday brought 50 sarees in my life. The collection includes something old something new something borrowed, something blue. I will write about them in my next post. The Sarees were shipped, sent with someone, brought back with me the whole year. I realized the love comes in many forms. The collection includes my grand mother’s saree and My dad’s aunt’s saree. There are many from my mom’s, my sisters, my sister in law’s, My mother in law’s, a friend’s mother, gifts from people who adore me, admire me, friends and family. I did shop plenty too.

I will write about them slowly but for now I am celebrating my 50th year of existence with love.

What does celebration means to you? What would you want for your milestone bday? 


A gift from a friend who says our one conversation changed her thought process towards Special Needs and acceptance 


my loot in my Boston home, waiting to find a place 

 I shopped only two things - Glass Bangles and flowers and yes one silver anklet too  

we were driving from airport to my sisters home and I came across this, had to stop the car. 


 Bangles shop in Bhilai, have been going there for years, this time the dad was away and the son took care of business with same care and respect I get from his dad.





No comments:

Post a Comment