Sunday, October 3, 2021

Magic of Saree - A virtual meet in Bangalore

Saree is magical in so many ways, but for me it’s not only a garment it has become the symbol of connections, emotions, inspiration and my identity. 

It was a trip to Bangalore in 2015 connected me to whole Saree magic in form of 100 Saree Pact. I build friendship and met so many amazing people and it motivated me to do something beyond my comfort zone. I wore Saree for a reason since then, to raise awareness and acceptance for Special needs families.

Down the road I joined Saree Speak and that brought another set of wonderful people in my life. My stories made some difference and the Saree saga continues.

Saree love brought so many people in our life which we would have never met otherwise. All of you reading this will agree to that. 

This trip to Bangalore was different so no meet ups, not going out for dinners or lunches no shopping. ( how I am coming back with so full suitcases that’s a mystery)

Covid took away the “in person” connection but brought another way to bring us together. 

 It made us explore the virtual world.And that’s how I met some of my Saree Speak friend in Bangalore this time. One tiny post that I will be in Bangalore for some time but cannot meet in person triggered a conversation and the virtual meet happened. That virtual call on a weekday evening was wonderful. My heart is full of gratitude. The Bangalore crowd made me feel like we have known each other forever. They were there on a week night for more than hour and half to meet me.

I am in awe of the power of this 6 yards. They never knew me but made me feel like I have known them forever. My mother sat next to me whole time watching how amazing her daughter’s saree world is.

The yellow Kosa from baby sister’s closet. The kids were so used to seeing me just two sets of clothes, it was a change for them seeing me all dressed up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment