Sunday, December 15, 2019

Holiday party and unexpected coincidences

Husband decided to do something new and after 20 years with corporate America with a big financial firm switches to relatively small company. from a seasoned manager to a new employee - a programer for that matter. But he hasn’t been this happy in a long time work wise. A good change. 6 months have been a learning curve for him but a wonderful and happier months. the way a friend puts it - He has lost the worry frowns and gained some smile wrinkles.
So when time comes for Holiday Party I agreed to join him. It’s been a big change for me too. Knowing his team, colleagues and friends at work to totally new environment, not knowing anyone, what to expect. I knew people around him for years, hosted them home many many times, hung out with them often and here I did meet just handful of them in a summer party.
I decided to go to a new kind of party as me. Saree makes me feel alive, happy and a real Jaya. He showed me some pictures from last year party and it was nothing less than a glittery, formal and jazzy get together. I knew I would be the only one in Saree, as there are not too many Indians in the company unlike the pervious one. Decided to keep it classy and simple. A paithani comes out of closet.
As I walked in I realized hubby also doesn’t know most of the people, slowly we made our way in the crowd and I spotted another woman in a beautiful saree. Its not new that I notice fabric and weave before the person. and sure if it was one classy saree to notice. and funny how the saree made the connection between two strangers, Just like that. As we smiled each other she extended her hand, introduced her self and first things we talked about was how beautiful it was to see the other saree clad woman. Then the husband came in the conversation. Her husband was from the same place all my cousins are. I still marvel at the connection we made because of saree.
We took each others number and decided to meet and talk about our saree love. I so wish I had taken a pic with her.
This saree post is all about the happy coincidence and happier world. 
this Paithani is a gift from a dear friend family whom I connected because of my love for ghazals.
They went to visit Aurangabad. I introduced them to another friend in that town. They all became good friends. and I got this Paithani as a gift. Looks like I need to keep spreading friendship and happiness 🙂



No comments:

Post a Comment