Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Decluttering the life, mind and Facebook

When things get tough we all find ways to get through the time. Those things work some time and sometimes they just don’t. You are forced to find what works for you in that given situation. It’s like we evolve as human being. Our mentality and thinking evolves too ( Shape and Size in my case evolved more than my mind unfortunately). Things mattered most once don’t matter now. We move on not only with our needs but people, places, wants and desires. Our expectation from people, relationship and life changes.


Last week I went through that phase, overwhelmed by too long of a to-do list I needed to make some changes. I exactly knew what I needed to do but talking to a friend was like forced start. “Declutter your life”. Mr. husband has been saying the same thing for ages – “You don’t have to be part of everything”. Everything comes on its own time and it was time for decluttering Facebook. That evening I spent couple of hours and went through my friends list and was surprised to see how obsolete people can be in life. My world is full of people from many walks of life. Some were very important then but not anymore. My Facebook account was decluttered that night, time to move on to another aspect of crazy life.


I went through the list and removed people whom I didn’t interacted in long time, people who didn’t commented or said hello in long time. Many past memories were revisited, some I didnt even remember and some didnt bring a smile on my face and some just were not contributing in my life in any ways. I didnt want to have “friends” just for the number sake so decided to clean up. 


What did you do to declutter? Do you do the regular cleanup? What works for you? This was still doable, now finding another areas to “Declutter”, I know what you are thinking, No - My Saree closet is perfectly fine :) 


A pink Jamdani for a friend's "Gender Reveal Party" I had a blue Maheshwari and pink Jamdani on my bed to decide. Was talking to mom and she decided it should be pink :) and guess what Moms are always right. It is a girl for them. 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment