Wednesday, January 29, 2020

A saree meet but I wasn't wearing one .. An unusual saree meet - Surat

Last month I was in Surat with my parents visiting a friend. litte I knew that I could join a saree meet in Surat even though I dont know a single saree friend in this city.
Every year I visit India and meet some amazing new people, #100Sareepact made my world wider. This time I decided to spend more time with my parents so didnt make elaborate plans for meetups. but one day in one of my post I just mentioned that I will be in India and will be visiting Surat and a fellow 100SareePact-er asked for date and freaky coincidence she would be in the city at the same time.
I still wasn’t sure about my plan but we both decided we should at least try.
My mom wanted to see “Statue of Unity” so this rip was planned for that bucket list item. We decided to play by ear and meet.I landed in India last week and she mentioned the meet up. I told her I wasn’t even sure if I could make it on time from the trip by the evening.
we landed in Surat on Monday afternoon and my bag decided to not join me. Here I am in Textile capital of India without my own clothes. The friend bailed me out hoping my bag will follow me next day.
Yesterday ( Tuesday) was the day for the big trip, after 3 and half hour one way, we reached the place. My parents are history buff they really enjoyed the place. I wasn’t planning on wearing Saree for the trip but a dress would have been my choice. I ended up wearing my friend’s Salwar Kurta. a very rare and unusual choice of my attire. By the time we came home it was very late in the evening. The meet was already happening. it was a wonderful, fun but long and exhausting trip.I decided to just go like that, i figured if I not rush and decide to change in a saree I might change my mind. My friend and I just rushed to Venue.
I am so glad Archana was there, I was an odd woman out and only she knew me or of me. Walked in and saw such beautiful woman and I felt so refreshed. The introduction the talk and the whole “instant connection” the joke me walking in a saree meet in a salwar kurta and above all the love I felt is something I will cherish all my life.
Thank you ladies, you all rock and I cannot wait to know you more.
Archana you are a darling, still amazed that we finally met.
I so missed my Boston group.










No comments:

Post a Comment