Thursday, January 23, 2020

India Saga - Day -3 - Surat here we come..Dated Dec 23rd Monday

Technically I should be writing about my day two at home but things took another turn and I needed to pen down the day 3 before the feeling of gratitude gets overshadowed by other things.
The morning was eventful to say more. Not only the jetlag the excitement and wandering mind wouldn’t let me sleep. I did manage 4 hours tonight so that was a big deal. we were up and ready way before our target time. that means hurrying down with breakfast. My visionary and caretaker sister knew this so she packed food so we had something before we get to Surat.
I love Bangalore only if I could skip the drive part. getting to airport feels like forever. I dont know how my BIL does it almost every weekend.
I could catch up on my phone calls but still felt we were in the car for ever. We got Mom wheelchairs so that makes life easier for all of us. The staff was Indigo was extremely helpful, polite and kind. From the counter staff, to wheel chair in charge to person who took care of carrying mom around, to the check in person, security guard to person at the gate, the one who took to the bus to the aircraft, the one who helped us getting her on the plane to the on board staff who were very patient with her slow walking to the person who let her sit on his seat on row 2 so she didn’t have to walk to the row 15.
I just cannot imagine how my morning would have been without all these people around us. The girl at the counter was a trainee on day 3. she was a happy, cheerful and kind person. she was enjoying her job so much and was a local.
My id mishap was another story, more about it later. I still feel how stupid I was today, lesson learnt but again grateful to the the boss in charge who made me believe in goodness all over again.
Mom being on wheel chair we could go through security faster, airport was crowded but people were careful not to come on the way.
The girls on the flight are another sight for eyes and soul. Smart, young and beautiful but more than anything courteous. I was on row 14, dad on 15 on opposite side and mom on second. They kept me updated how she was doing and about dad too. I heard from mom later that they kept checking on her.
Flight landed and guess what my suitcase didn’t show up. After enquiring I got to know the power bank was in my checked in luggage, earlier I was planning to take the bag  with me so I dumped everything in it. Last minute plan change and I totally forgot to take that out. After the paper work finally got to see the friend. A ride home was nothing but the fun. Some times all you need is meeting your age old friend to feel happy and young.

Surat is another experience - The evening was well spent in Textiles Market. I was totally lost and amazed. I was in like whole different world. a crazy day ended with some gorgeous fabric. Stay tunes for “Made in Surat” picture.


Happy Mom, she was going to get one thing off from her bucket list.



Indigo - Thank you.


 A meal to remember at home in Surat. this trip turned out to be amazing in many ways but for now let's enjoy the meal.




and then the Surat Market. I could let ma papa rest and came out to the market. BUT i missed her every minute, she would have loved it. Only if she could walk in this area. Old and very busy. Preeti and Praveen - thank you for this amazing experience. 


It was almost closing time.


No comments:

Post a Comment