Wednesday, January 29, 2020

India Saga - The iron man of India -the Statue of Unity - Surat Trip

Finally it was the day to see the statue of unity. Known as“Ironman’ of India”Sardar Patel was the builder and consolidator of new India.
My father being history buff was sure excited, Though it was my mother who expressed the wish to see the monument.
I cannot move forward without thanking my Amazing friends Preeti and Praveen who made this possible. The night before was busy planning. We should have left for the trip early morning but the day began with Special Chat, Samosa, Kachori and Jalebi from Mathurwale :) a very North Indian breakfast in Surat
That was the perfect way to start our day. we left for Statue and after a long 3 plus hours drive we were there. The place is far from highway and is being developed as tourist attraction. Our friends have some wonderful friends who arranged the wheel chair and guide for us.  It is the school vacation week so was busy beyond imagination. I haven’t seen these many people in one place. But the crowd was extremely disciplined and courteous. we had the express ticket so was manageable to go up with mom. We could go on the viewing floor and the view was amazing. My dad had wonderful time reading, listening and just being there and my mom was just happy to “see” it. Pictures talks about it better than I can express .
This post is more about the gratitude I feel towards my friends. I don’t think I could pull it off without them, They took care of so many details to make it possible.
Exhausted us didn’t feel like going to Dam or park. We could see the dam from the viewing gallery so we decided to drive back to Surat. On the way we found a “kathiawadi restaurant”. The food was spicy but amazing. It is another Gujrati cuisine.
I am grateful for small gestures - the driver going to check the bathrooms first and then cleanliness of restaurant before asking my mom to get out. He made sure we get clean table and hot food.
The drive back home was quieter and felt shorter because we all could nap : )
a nice hot tea was so needed, after that my friend and I got ready for Surat Saree speak meet. I did write about it so won’t write much about it. But one thing I will sure mention, I have never been to one of the Saree meet without a saree on and  so underdressed.
My parents were exhausted beyond measure but happy beyond imagination. Our friends to the driver to cook to the guide everyone made it possible. My gratitude is beyond words.










The day ended beautifully.



No comments:

Post a Comment