Monday, May 10, 2021

The mother’s day Saree Post

It was a special occasion and a very special saree too but I just cannot find cheesy words on this mother’s day.

It’s not me anyway to “celebrate” a day on top of that - Mother’s day? As a mom I demand royal treatment everyday :)

My mother I lovingly call Amma is another story. All she wants is a video call, “dekh li to ab achcha lag gaya re”  Now that I can see you,I feel good ”

So many times I am working and she is there on the other side of the world  on my phone screen but she is okay with it. I think so many times that what I tell her probably doesn’t even make sense to her. BUT she loves her daughters and that’s enough for me.

I miss not being able to do this with my Mother in Law. I wish I had invested some time and cultivated this kind of a relationship. Now I wish I had stayed with her for little longer and had spent one on one time. 

This Saree is special, Telia Rumal is not my style but to honor a daughter who is taking care of her father’s legacy I got this.  I had it delivered to Amma and asked her to wear it. She did in September and then this Saree travelled to Boston with a friend. 

This Sunday a mom (from Desi Moms Network)  invited us for a lunch with another family. My heart was heavy with all the sad news from home but decided to go for the lunch. I have started “ check on other moms, call/text/meet” initiative so it was my turn to show up and I am glad I did. She has her parents visiting and another mom showed up to say hello. It was a beautiful sunny Sunday and we all enjoyed  lunch outside. Wrapped in amma’s Saree made me feel loved and warm.

Kids decided to stay home. I don’t even remember when I went out with Ashish last . The drive was beautiful with Jagjit Singh playing for us.

I don’t know if it was the food, the company, the weather, the season or the Saree( maybe a combination of all) I felt loved, happy and appreciated. The drive back home was sure easier on the heart and soul but heavier on my stomach. 

Papa wore black T shirt and my man donned a red one. The saree looks so different indoor and outdoor. I loved how Papa and Ashish complimented the  colors in saree :) It sure was a happy mother’s day.











No comments:

Post a Comment