Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The magic of Saree - An evening with saree and poetry.

 I grew up in a household with books and was always encouraged to read. Got married, moved continents and then life happened ie kids, home and work and everything else. Music came back in life so did reading and literature.

Became part of Hindi Manch here in Boston and soon after became integral part of its Sahitya Vibhag. Helped organized many goshthi’s and Sahitya Sammelan. Then Covid happened and everything just stopped.

Finally last month we started thinking of claiming our life back little bit. As a group we wanted to reinforce positivity and be careful at the same time. So we agreed on hosting an outdoor, limited seating event. 

As a team we always encouraged new people to share their talent. I decided to nudge some of the Saree Sakhies from our Boston group and I am so glad I did. I was the cohost of the program.It became a “Saree Manch” event as one of the Saree Sakhi accidentally called.  That term  is stuck with all of us forever. The audience got to hear some poetry and see some very stylish Saree Sakhies. For me it was an amazing day as I could celebrate and combine two of my passion - Poetry and Sarees.








if you want to see more pics please follow Hindi Manch on Facebook 



No comments:

Post a Comment