Friday, October 23, 2020

A day in Provincetown -Oct 2020

I was born and raised in the central part of India. I saw the ocean for the first time when I was 24 years old. Guess what -the other half of my life I have been living next to the ocean, first in Singapore and now in Boston. It’s like making up for lost time.

I don’t miss any chance to rush to a waterbody, be it a brook, a stream or a pond  if not the ocean. I am a Pisces, if one believes in sun signs and the characteristics associated with them. I love water! 

3 friends decided to take an overnight break in Cape Cod. I somehow couldn’t do the overnight but decided to meet them there the next day.

The national shore line is very famous for its amazing sunrise and it has been on my list for some time.

I decided to go view the sunrise before meeting them for breakfast.

I left home at 4:50 am and drove 100 miles to the beach in an hour and a half. My drive was amazing with chai and ghazals. I smiled, laughed and cried with Jagjit Singh.

Desire, Face to face and Unforgettables were the albums of the day.

Once I reached there, my parents and sister were my companions for a beautiful sunrise. It could have been foggy or cloudy but no, it was a beautiful, crisp and amazing morning.

I met 3 wonderful women, had a fabulous breakfast and painted the town red with my friends. 

I decided to wear a saree for my adventurous day and sure enough the day, the saree and the people I shared my day with didn’t disappoint me. A beautiful day was spent with amazing people and we made some awesome memories.

I did go to two beaches in the morning ,the harbor and Marina during the day and then came back to visit two beaches with the girls.


 A very long 14 hour day, with a beautiful sunrise and an almost sunset on the water, 270 miles driven, 3 ghazal albums and almost 4 hours of driving made me a very happy woman.

I am glad I got to do this. I consider myself very fortunate that the Pandey men understand the importance of “my” time and these unusual needs. 

I write this post with a feeling of gratitude for everyone in my life who has helped me grow as a person.













No comments:

Post a Comment