Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Story Continues.- Photoshoot for saree Sakhies Oct 17th Saturday

The next day the group decided to meet at the pond/park at 4 PM. It turned out to be a beautiful day, warm enough and sunny. The reflection of colored leaves on water - uff It was a beautiful sight.

I didnt want to wear grey for the pics so wore Pink and made my son take pics.  He really did an awesome job with that one shot. I was a happy woman. I think that one pic made me so happy that I was ready for grey for the evening .


Years ago during my 100 Saree Pact days I made friends with Snimer Kaur Sahni. An amazing woman and a Saree connoisseur. One of her post she mentioned she was in Assam. I requested her to get me a Mekhela chador. She got me a beautiful one and it has been waiting for its day for over 2 yrs.  I think It was the day for Mekhela Chador. So after a quick change from pink to Grey I was on my way to the park. It was a 20 mins drive for me. I was the first one. so again I pulled my chair, coffee and Jagjit Singh :) 


Soon the rest of the crowd was in . I have taken over the Photographer duty for the group unofficially. so next hour and half I saw beauty though the camera.  That evening all we did was pose and pics. we all took turn in taking pictures. After 100s of pics that evening the photoshoot saga ended with some snack and a promise to do it again next year. 

We all were happy women that evening. We are doing much better in our saree group this Covid era. We are talking more, meeting more and sareeing more. 

The Saree has a story of someone buying, getting the fall and stitching done. She has never met me - yet- she did this and more for me.

Someone brought that saree to me here in Boston. One saree holds the story of respect, care and love. - what this saree means to me - that saga some other day.


आपके दम से तो दुनिया का भरम है कायम
आप जब हैं तो ज़माने की ज़रूरत क्या है
तेरा कूचा तेरा दर तेरी गली काफ़ी हैं
बेठिकानो को ठिकाने की ज़रूरत क्या है
-शाहिद कबीर










No comments:

Post a Comment