Wednesday, February 10, 2021

मुझ से तुम जुदा सही, दिल से तो जुदा नहीं - a Bday celebration of the man who defines the love for me

 This year Jagjit Singh’s Bday turned into a special day. if you know me then i dont have to tell you that for me everyday is JS day for years.  Its like part of me  while cooking, cleaning, driving, working I feel wrapped in his beautiful voice. I celebrated him everyday for years. But for his Bday I did post something on Facebook, change my profile picture and share some music with some friends.

Year 2020 added and subtracted many people in our life, as they say - you win some, you lose some. I hope I will be able to talk about my loss some day but today its about adding some happiness and friendship and realizing what is important to hold on to and wise to let go.

Our life changed overnight, people who are around us, were so far all of a sudden.  Felt like doors were shut without notice. All of sudden I was home with 3 men 24/7. We knew nothing and uncertainty wasn’t that scary in the beginning but slowly things started to unfold and we adjusted our expectation and life style. I loved having everyone home but was missing my space. it took time for all of us to get into routine and find a balance. Summer brought brightness and longer days, time in hand, clarity in mind, sunshine and hope. This was the time I added some more poetry and ghazals to my life. Met people who live and breathe Jagjit Singh like me. 

This Bday some of those fans decided to meet in a place in Lonavala. Imagine spending two days with people who share your passion and craziness. forgetting about world, work, job, life, responsibilities, covid and everything else which is called “worldly” and immerse yourself in just your passion.

I couldn’t be there in person but thats what this pandemic taught us - that video calls is one of the best invention for this time. Zoom and FaceTime are our best tools and what’s app is our life line. 

That Sunday it snowed in Boston but It wasn’t cold and my man agreed to be in picture. his long hair is one of the “Covid gain” I had to have a pic with him before he decides to get rid of those “zulfen”(hair)

The saree was bought in Amritsar Summer 2017. I went to Amritsar as it was on ma papa’s bucket list, A trip I also shared with my older son. They bought many fulkari Dupattas for my sisters and some for gifts, I on the other hand wanted a saree. Amongst all those bright colors this saree  caught my eyes. A fulkari, just for my most beloved man from Punjab.

What is love for you? for me today’s it’s one his ghazal. 


   *** फ़ासला तो है मगर ***


फ़ासला तो है मगर, कोई फ़ासला नहीं

मुझ से तुम जुदा सही, दिल से तो जुदा नहीं


आसमाँ की फ़िक्र क्या, आसमाँ ख़फ़ा सही

आप ये बताइये, आप तो ख़फ़ा नहीं


कश्तियाँ नहीं तो क्या, हौसले तो पास हैं 

कह दो नाख़ुदाओं से, तुम कोई ख़ुदा नहीं 


लीजिये बुला लिया, आपको ख़याल में 

अब तो देखिये हमें, कोई देखता नहीं  


आइये चराग़--दिल आज ही जलाएँ हम

कैसी कल हवा चले, कोई जानता नहीं


कारवाँ--आरज़ू इस तरफ़ ना रुख़ करे

उन की रहगुज़र है दिल, आम रास्ता नहीं


किस लिए 'शमीम' से इतनी बद-गुमानियाँ

मिल के देखिये कभी, आदमी बुरा नहीं


-शमीम करहानी


please read my article on Jagjit Singh's 80th Bday 

https://indianewengland.com/2021/02/jagjit-singh-feb-8-1941-oct-10-2011-lijiye-bula-liya-aap-ko-khayal-mein/


He was willing to be in pic and smiling. It was another version of love for me that day. Ashish's style  love - to keep his woman happy he agreed to do this bollywood thing. 

तेरी आँखों में, हमने क्या देखा

कभी कातिल, कभी खुदा देखा

कोई बात ऐसी अगर हुई जो तुम्हारे जी को बुरी लगी

तो बयाँ से पहले ही भूलना तुम्हें याद हो के न याद हो
And then on the other side of the world they were celebrating  a person who gave our emotions and feeling a voice. I so wish I was part of these pictures. 










2 comments:

  1. नतमस्तक 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    बहुत ही सुंदर लिखा है आपने ❤❤ निःशब्द हूँ।

    ReplyDelete
  2. नतमस्तक 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    बहुत ही सुंदर लिखा है आपने ❤❤ निःशब्द हूँ।

    ReplyDelete